- Strengths (internal factors): What are the attributes of the organization that are helpful to achieving the objective? How can we use each strength?
- Weaknesses (internal factors): What are the attributes of the organization that are harmful to achieving the objective? How can we eliminate each weakness?
- Opportunities (external factors): What are the external conditions that are helpful to achieving the objective? How can we exploit each opportunity?
- Threats (external factors): What are the external conditions which could do damage to the business's performance? How can we defend against each threat?
- Trends (internal and external factors): What are the current trends that will affect the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats in the near and long term? What should the organization do to take advantage of the positive trends and avoid the negative?
Accounting Advertising Advisor Analysis Apps Balance Sheet Barriers to Entry Beachhead Benefits Better Books Brainstorming Brainwriting Budget Business Flow Business Model Cash Flow Commercialization Communications Competition Competitive Advantage Consultant Corporate Entrepreneurship CQs Creativity Critical Success Factor Culture Customer Decisions Deploy Design Develop Differentiation DXpedition Earn EBITDA Education Effectiveness Elevator Pitch Entrepreneur Entrepreneurship Environment Evolution Executive Summary Exercise Expenses Expertise Failure Finance Financial Objectives Flowchart Focus Funding Fuzzy-to-Firm GizmoGadget Glossary Goals Habits Healthy Venture Hiring HOTI Chart Hypothesis Ideas Ideation Income Statement Industry Industry Research Innovate-A-thon Innovation Innovator Intellectual Property Internet Intrapreneurship Invention Inventory Investor Iteration Knowledge Launch Leadership Lean Startup Learning Legal Machines Management Manpower Market Research Marketing Marketing Brochure Material Media Mentor Methods Mindset Mission Mistakes Money Motivation Myths Name Niche Market Objectives Operating Agreement Operations Opportunity Passion Patents People Planning Positioning PR Presentations Price Problems Process Flow Product Development Productivity Profit Progress Promotion Prototype Publicity Questions Refine Research Resources Return on Investment Roadmap Sales SCAMPER SCORE Scorecard Skills Slides Solution Development Solutions Something SPLUCK Start-up Stimulation Strategies Strategy Structure Success SWOTT Tactics Tagline Target Market Team Teamwork Technology Readiness Levels Terminology Terms Thinking Tools Transformation TRL Validation Value Venture Venture Capital Venture Creation Venture Plan Vision Work Worth Writing
Give It a Good SWOTT
SWOTT is a research, analysis, and planning tool used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, and Trends that affect a project or business venture. SWOTT involves defining the key objectives of a business venture or project, then identifying the internal and external factors that are favorable or unfavorable to achieving that objective ...