- Don't wait for a revolutionary idea ... it will never happen ... just focus on a simple, exciting, empty space and execute as fast as possible.
- Share your idea ... the more you share, the more you get advice and the more you learn ... meet and talk to your competitors.
- Build a community ... use blogging and social software to make sure people hear about you.
- Listen to your community ... answer questions and build your product with their feedback.
- Gather a great team ... select those with very different skills from you ... look for people who are better than you.
- Be the first to recognize a problem ... everyone makes mistakes ... address the issue in public, learn about and correct it.
- Don't spend time on market research ... rather, launch test versions as early as possible ... keep improving the product in the open.
- Don't obsess over spreadsheet business plans ... they are not going to turn out as you predict, in any case.
- Don't plan a big marketing effort ... it's much more important and powerful that your community loves the product.
- Don't focus on getting rich ... focus on your users ... money is a consequence of success, not a goal.
Accounting Advertising Advisor Analysis Apps Attitude Balance Sheet Barriers to Entry Beachhead Benefits Better Books Bottom Up / Top Down Brain Brainstorming Brainwriting Budget Business Flow Business Model Cash Flow Change Commercialization Communications Competition Competitive Advantage Concept Consultant Corporate Entrepreneurship CQs Creativity Critical Success Factor Crucial Questions Crucial Success Factors Culture Customer Decisions Deploy Design Develop Differentiation DXpedition Earn EBITDA Education Effectiveness Elevator Pitch Engineering Enterprise Entrepreneur Entrepreneurship Environment Evolution Executive Summary Exercise Expenses Expertise Failure Feasibility Finance Financial Objectives Flags Flowchart Focus Funding Fuzzy-to-Firm GizmoGadget Glossary Goals Growth Habits Healthy Venture Hiring HOTI Chart Hypothesis Ideas Ideation Impact Income Statement Industry Industry Research Innovate-A-thon Innovation Innovator Intellectual Property Internet Intrapreneurship Invention Inventory Investor Iteration Knowledge Launch Leadership Lean Startup Learning Legal Luck Machines Management Manpower Market Research Marketing Marketing Brochure Material Media Media Relations Mentor Methods Mindmap Mindset Mission Mistakes Money Motivation Myths Name News Release Niche Market Non-Profit Objectives Operating Agreement Operations Opportunity Passion Patents People Pivot Planning Positioning PR Presentations Price Problems Process Flow Product Development Productivity Profit Progress Promotion Prototype Publicity Questions Refine Research Resources Return on Investment Reward Roadmap Rules_of_Some Sales SCAMPER SCORE Scorecard Skills Slides Solution Development Solutions SPLUCK Start-up Stimulation Strategies Strategy Structure Success SWOTT Tactics Tagline Target Market Team Teamwork Technology Readiness Levels Terminology Terms Test Thinking Tips Tools Transformation TRL Validation Value Venture Venture Capital Venture Creation Venture Plan Viability Vision Work Worth Writing