- Don't wait for a revolutionary idea ... it will never happen ... just focus on a simple, exciting, empty space and execute as fast as possible.
- Share your idea ... the more you share, the more you get advice and the more you learn ... meet and talk to your competitors.
- Build a community ... use blogging and social software to make sure people hear about you.
- Listen to your community ... answer questions and build your product with their feedback.
- Gather a great team ... select those with very different skills from you ... look for people who are better than you.
- Be the first to recognize a problem ... everyone makes mistakes ... address the issue in public, learn about and correct it.
- Don't spend time on market research ... rather, launch test versions as early as possible ... keep improving the product in the open.
- Don't obsess over spreadsheet business plans ... they are not going to turn out as you predict, in any case.
- Don't plan a big marketing effort ... it's much more important and powerful that your community loves the product.
- Don't focus on getting rich ... focus on your users ... money is a consequence of success, not a goal.
Accounting Advertising Advisor Analysis Balance Sheet Barriers to Entry Beachhead Benefits Better Books Brainstorming Brainwriting Budget Business Flow Business Model Cash Flow Commercialization Communications Competition Competitive Advantage Consultant Corporate Entrepreneurship Creativity Critical Success Factor Culture Customer Decisions Deploy Design Develop Differentiation DXpedition Earn Education Effectiveness Elevator Pitch Entrepreneur Entrepreneurship Environment Evolution Executive Summary Exercise Expertise Failure Finance Financial Objectives Flowchart Focus Funding GizmoGadget Glossary Habits Healthy Venture Hiring Hypothesis Ideas Ideation Income Statement Industry Industry Research Innovation Innovator Intellectual Property Intrapreneurship Invention Inventory Investor Iteration Knowledge Launch Leadership Lean Startup Learning Legal Luck Machines Management Manpower Market Research Marketing Marketing Brochure Material Media Mentor Methods Mindset Mission Mistakes Money Motivation Myths Name Niche Market OLLI Venture Operating Agreement Operations Opportunity Passion Patents People Planning Positioning Presentations Price Problems Process Flow Product Development Profit Progress Promotion Prototype Refine Research Resources Resume Return on Investment Roadmap Sales SCAMPER SCORE Scorecard Skills Slides Solution Development Solutions SPLUCK Start-up Stimulation Strategy Structure Success SWOTT Target Market Team Teamwork Technology Readiness Levels Terminology Thinking Tools Transformation TRL Validation Value Venture Venture Capital Venture Creation Venture Plan Vision Work Worth Writing