1. Design physical products/merchandise
2. Manufacture physical products/merchandise
3. Sell physical products/merchandise
4. Create information/content/data
5. Aggregate or distribute information/content/data
6. Provide personal or business service
7. Provide expert advice/consultation
8. Provide money/financing
9. Provide labor or human resources
10. Transport products/services
11. Provide infrastructure/telecommunications
12. Provide in-person or online marketplace for others to sell goods or services
Accounting Advertising Advisor Analysis Apps Balance Sheet Barriers to Entry Beachhead Benefits Better Books Bottom Up / Top Down Brainstorming Brainwriting Budget Business Flow Business Model Cash Flow Commercialization Communications Competition Competitive Advantage Concept Consultant Corporate Entrepreneurship CQs Creativity Critical Success Factor Crucial Success Factors Culture Customer Decisions Deploy Design Develop Differentiation DXpedition Earn EBITDA Education Effectiveness Elevator Pitch Enterprise Entrepreneur Entrepreneurship Environment Evolution Executive Summary Exercise Expenses Expertise Failure Feasibility Finance Financial Objectives Flags Flowchart Focus Funding Fuzzy-to-Firm GizmoGadget Glossary Goals Habits Healthy Venture Hiring HOTI Chart Hypothesis Ideas Ideation Income Statement Industry Industry Research Innovate-A-thon Innovation Innovator Intellectual Property Internet Intrapreneurship Invention Inventory Investor Iteration Knowledge Launch Leadership Lean Startup Learning Legal Luck Machines Management Manpower Market Research Marketing Marketing Brochure Material Media Media Relations Mentor Methods Mindset Mission Mistakes Money Motivation Myths Name News Release Niche Market Objectives Operating Agreement Operations Opportunity Passion Patents People Pivot Planning Positioning PR Presentations Price Problems Process Flow Product Development Productivity Profit Progress Promotion Prototype Publicity Questions Refine Research Resources Return on Investment Roadmap Rules_of_Some Sales SCAMPER SCORE Scorecard Skills Slides Solution Development Solutions Something SPLUCK Start-up Stimulation Strategies Strategy Structure Success SWOTT Tactics Tagline Target Market Team Teamwork Technology Readiness Levels Terminology Terms Thinking Tips Tools Transformation TRL Validation Value Venture Venture Capital Venture Creation Venture Plan Viability Vision Work Worth Writing
- Who are the target customers for this business venture?
- How will this venture create and deliver value for these customers?
- What, who, where is the primary competition for this venture?
- How is the enterprise different and better than the competition?
- What are the primary core competencies of this venture?
- What is the scope of products, processes, and activities of this venture?
- How is this venture organization structured?
- How will this venture capture value for profit?
- How will this venture grow, and over what time period?
- How will this venture attract and retain talent?
- Develop the vision statement, the mission statement, and the business model
- Describe the industry and context for the firm and its competitors
- Determine the firm’s strengths and weaknesses in the context of the industry and environment
- Describe the firm’s core competencies, its customers, and its competitive advantage
- Describe the opportunities and threats for the venture
- Identify the critical success factors
- Formulate strategic options and select the appropriate strategy
- Translate the strategy into action plans with suitable measures and controls
- Market research and analysis ... customers, problem, solutions, competition, risk and reward, resources, feasibility ...
- Business model
- Marketing objectives
- Sales goals
- Competitive advantage strategies
- Positioning strategies
- Target market and customer segments
- Product and service offerings
- Value proposition
- Pricing strategies
- Sales strategies and tactics
- Distribution strategies
- Promotional strategies
- Customer relationship management