- In what industry is your venture? (Use NAICS industry nomenclature)
- What is your primary NAICS number?
- What other notable companies are in this industry?
- What companies are the industry leaders, and why?
- Describe the intensity of the competitive environment in this industry.
- What new ventures have recently entered this industry, and why?
- Are other new ventures likely to enter this industry, and why?
- Describe the buying process by customers in this industry. How strong is buyer power?
- Describe the substitutes available to buyers.
- Describe the major suppliers to ventures in this industry. How strong is supplier power?
- Describe the types and strengths of complementary relationships between companies in this industry.
- What are the major strengths of this industry?
- What are the major weaknesses of this industry?
- What are the major opportunities in this industry?
- What are the major threats to a new venture entrant in this industry?
- What are potential benchmark ventures in this industry?
- What is the financial model of a typical company in this industry?
Accounting Advertising Advisor Analysis Balance Sheet Barriers to Entry Beachhead Benefits Better Books Brainstorming Brainwriting Budget Business Flow Business Model Cash Flow Commercialization Communications Competition Competitive Advantage Consultant Corporate Entrepreneurship CQs Creativity Critical Success Factor Culture Customer Decisions Deploy Design Develop Differentiation DXpedition Earn EBITDA Education Effectiveness Elevator Pitch Entrepreneur Entrepreneurial Mindset Entrepreneurship Environment Evolution Executive Summary Exercise Expenses Expertise Failure Finance Financial Objectives Flowchart Focus Funding Fuzzy-to-Firm GizmoGadget Glossary Goals Habits Healthy Venture Hiring HOTI Chart Hypothesis Ideas Ideation Income Statement Industry Industry Research Innovate-A-thon Innovation Innovator Intellectual Property Internet Intrapreneurship Invention Inventory Investor Iteration Knowledge Launch Leadership Lean Startup Learning Legal Machines Management Manpower Market Research Marketing Marketing Brochure Material Media Mentor Methods Mindset Mission Mistakes Money Motivation Myths Name Niche Market Objectives Operating Agreement Operations Opportunity Passion Patents People Planning Positioning PR Presentations Price Problems Process Flow Product Development Profit Progress Promotion Prototype Publicity Questions Refine Research Resources Return on Investment Roadmap Sales SCAMPER SCORE Scorecard Skills Slides Solution Development Solutions Something SPLUCK Start-up Stimulation Strategies Strategy Structure Success SWOTT Tactics Tagline Target Market Team Teamwork Technology Readiness Levels Terminology Terms Thinking Tools Transformation TRL Validation Value Venture Venture Capital Venture Creation Venture Plan Vision Work Worth Writing